Tuesday, March 30, 2004

where, oh where, has my spring break gone?

The daddy-o decided to drive my car to work this morning, so I've been using one of the SUVs while out and about on the town today. I'm sure you will be disappointed to hear that I refrained from running over any innocent pedestrians or fellow drivers during my excursions. 'Twas fun to drive a big bad SUV though.

Speaking of cars, today's driving around town re-emphasized the fact that every other car around here is either a Lexus, Mercedes, or BMW. I live in a city where upper-middle-class (or do I just mean upper-class?) now seems to be the norm, which is hella scary. Stopping by here for a few minutes on my way back from the library, Macy*s alone made me realize I'm quite obviously not fashionably sophisticated enough for this place - at least, not according to my funky flared pants, headwraps, and flip-flops. But, at the risk of sounding like such a girl, which, I'll have you know, is not something I'm in the habit of doing, I've decided my next paycheck is going towards this slick tunic at Macy*s. Hey, I'll allow myself to shop there - but only when everything is on a 50% discount.

Did I just spend an entire paragraph talking about clothes? I can't believe this. Shoot, all I really wanted was a scoop of double chocolate mint ice cream from Yogurt Park, but funds were low. Story of my life.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go be productive. Did you know that the boxes are still sitting all around the room?

'Nuff said.

Labels: