Monday, June 06, 2005

this season is cold.

I have to write one paper by 10 a.m. and edit a second one and finish writing a third one by 6 p.m. And in between all that, I need to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to be saying while MCing this little diversity program at noon. Why I agreed to do this is beyond me, except that when we realized we still needed an MC and the ensuing silence, hesitation, and lack of eye contact in the room became unbearable, I impatiently raised an eyebrow and snapped, "I'll do it." Not only that, I somehow agreed to present something of my own, in addition to doing the introductions for everyone else. Jesus Christ, peace be upon him. So now I have to go write a poem or flow or rhyme or spoken word piece or whatever you choose to call it, when really all I want to do is take a nap. Everything in my life is such a last-minute effort.

Also, I've got graduation on my mind, and I'm running low on sleep here, so the most amusing thing in the world to me at 3:30 a.m. is that "alma mater" sounds like "aloo tamatar." Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all night.

Labels: ,