Thursday, December 04, 2003

fake post II: conversational highlights

Yesterday evening, my cousin shook his head and said, “You know how some mothers abandon their newborn babies in cardboard boxes in front of church-doors or hospitals? I really think that’s what we should do with you, too.”
“Yeah, but I’m sort of beyond the newborn phase already,” I retorted.
He rolled his eyes. “You’re 22 going on 4. It’s the same thing.”

Later in the evening, after a conversation about something or other, he leaned across the table and said menacingly, “You repeat one word of this to anyone, and I will personally donate you to the Salvation Army.”

Who needs enemies anyway, when you’ve got such loving family members?

Also, on a random note - (couldn’t resist posting this one) –

L: Are all Pakistanis as cool as you?
L: =)
Yasmine: Oh, of course not
Yasmine: I’m the exception to the rule
L: Sadness
L: haha
Yasmine: =)
Yasmine: Why am I cool all of a sudden?
L: Because I haven’t met that many cool Indians and Pakistanis
L: I thought I was being open-minded
L: But they suck arse as roommates
L: FRIGGIN EGG
L: They're horrible to live with
L: oh lordy
L: I believe in karma
L: I musta done something
L: To get these fools
[…]
L: I see you more as Canadian than Pakistani
L: Because so far all the Canadians I’ve met are nice

[There, all you Canadians can feel vindicated now.]

Labels: