Friday, September 16, 2005

Swing-set superstars

I love swings. I think we've pretty much established this by now. And if I had to choose one single reason why I love my mother, it would be because when I said the other day, "Ummy, I want to go to the park and play on the swings. Do you want to come with me?", she didn't reply, "What sort of 24-year-old hangs out at the playground when she should be writing cover letters and applying for jobs?" Never mind the fact that she doesn't know what cover letters are anyway. That's besides the point.

The point is that, instead, she said, "Okay," and went with me to the park, where I swung my heart out while she sat patiently on a bench and smiled indulgently whenever I waved at her. In case you can't tell from the photograph, it was a gorgeous day (look at my mountains in the distance! And that blue sky! And the yellow sunshine colors!).

Definitely a day to "enjoy sun, scene, speed and swing," as Arafat had once said so well.

What do you do to relax? And why is your mother cool?

Labels: