Thursday, March 23, 2006

The blue sky is blue like blue bubblegum

The blue sky is blue like blue bubblegum
Originally uploaded by yaznotjaz.

This is what the sky looked like this past weekend. This being the same temperamental, unpredictable weather that brought hail to San Francisco and snow to Mount Diablo in March, I'm sure you've already figured out that that blue sky didn't stick around for long. *shakes fist* I thought we were friends, God; what happened?

Regardless, today was a nice enough day:

- The girl at the bank told me she loves my style.

- I took my car in for an oil&filter change, because the odometer just hit 7,000 miles (how did that happen?). I'm trying to be a good kid about things related to my car. Apparently I could have taken it in at 3,750 miles, but only if it had undergone "severe usage." The daddy-o and I went through the "severe usage" checklist one day:

"Repeatedly driving short distances..." "No."
"Extensive engine idling..." "No."
"Driving on uphill, downhill, or mountain roads." "Umm, well, yeah, our street."
"Driving on rough, dusty, muddy, unpaved, graveled or salt-spread roads..." "No."
"Driving in sandy areas..." "No."
"Driving over 100 mph..." "Yasmine...?" "No!"

- The guy at the oil change place was nice, except for the fact that he kept calling me "Ma'am." This happens periodically. I'm sure I was older than him [on a sidenote, I seem to be older than everyone. What is this drama? I need to make new friends. Older ones.], but that's no excuse, since most of the time I get mistaken for being anywhere between twelve and seventeen years old. I wanted to say, "Do I look like a ma'am to you? Do I, buddy boy? I look twelve, dammit!"

- [Another sidenote: I'm currently going through an amusing phase where I'm using "dammit" in conversations for no other reason than it's fun. This even includes situations with positive-connotations, and contexts where things aren't damn-worthy. So? It still amuses me. Here's one more for good measure: YEAH, DAMMIT.]

- "Ma'am" notwithstanding, I was mollified by the fact that the oil-change kids also vacuumed the interior of my car. It was clean anyway; I vacuumed it not too long ago myself. But still. Freshly-vacuumed cars are always rocking.

- Driving home, I let a lady in a big bad black SUV merge in front of me. She waved (I love it when people do that!), I waved back and felt good, and then immediately afterwards noticed the prominently-placed "I stand behind President George Bush" and "W '04" stickers on her car. Freakin' hell, mon.

- Peanut butter&jelly sandwiches? Rocking.

Labels: