Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Links to love on this online webbed world

San Francisco 70
My buddy S and I stand still for a moment during our hanging-out session with Anjum, early this year. Originally uploaded by yaznotjaz.

I keep bookmarking websites and then not doing anything with them, so perhaps I should share them with you all. Here are some stops I've made on the internet lately [apologies for not giving credit where it's due; I always forget how I initially came across such links]:

- Hamza's photographs on flickr [He messaged me to say he enjoyed my Zaytuna photos, which is how I found his photos in turn.]
- Archived photos on the Muslim Cultures weblog
- The Olive Ream's photos at Over a Mile

- Google Reader, you make my weblog-surfing so much more efficient!
- The Bravia paint ad: So many colors! ROCKING.
- Beautiful poetry by Murtaza Danish [Check Coffee in Times of War]

- Seeing the downside of 'cause celebs'
- For my fellow bookworms: Librarian Avengers [Their weblog description on ReviewMe.com says: Librarians need a blog to avenge their low pay and appalling working conditions. This is that blog. With jokes.]
- flickr photoset: The Vicissitudes of Moi, Moi, Moi

- Reading up on Tin-Tin ("billions of bilious blue blistering barnacles!")
- Juan Mann and his "free hugs" campaign
- "We are here": Mission schoolkids urge grownups to set a good example

- Where the hell is Matt?
- I'm Hip, I'm With it! - How To Talk Like Sumana Harihareswara

- Rock, Paper, Scissors: Reffing the RPS state championship is no job for the nervous
- Four Steps to a More Meaningful, Less Commercialized Holiday — with Kids [No, I don't have kids of my own, in case any of you were confused about that]

- One of the most talented people I don't know, though I've seen videos of her performances, years ago while in college: Anna Deavere Smith (1, 2, 3)
[Check out Twilight: Los Angeles, 1992 the play in book format, as well as the film.]

* Some weblog posts I've especially loved reading lately:
- Brimful - most of all, when snowflakes fall and inarticulate speech of the heart
- One Female Canuck - Rules for Life
- HijabMan - Bio Data Construction For Dummies (Men's edition)
- BrooklynBrown - What You Should Do When There Is A Death In Your Friend's Family
- And my favorite: Chai's post entitled Magical Nights, Magical Connections. In all the weeks (months) I attended the Wednesday evening meditations, I was never able to articulate the beauty of it through writing as Chai managed to do so well after the single evening she attended with me last week.

Labels: