Friday, December 26, 2003

slow days

Okay, so I know I'm slacking off on the updating. This winter break has made me realize that I have a greater store of interesting/weird stories when I'm actually in school.

During my remaining week-and-a-half of break, I desperately need to:
- Pay some mechanic hundreds of dollars to replace my car's valve cover gasket, distributor-o-ring, and rear break pads and rotors - whatever half of those things even mean
- Get traffic school out of the way
- Finish planning and verify/finalize all details regarding a workshop for my internship
- Sell back my textbooks so I can make some easy money again
I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things, but who cares.

Meanwhile, I've been spending lots of time sleeping, to prepare for future all-nighters during this winter quarter coming up. Oh, and I made my sister give me a hair cut yesterday. Nothing has recently given me more gleeful satisfaction than watching half of all my hair lying in dark swirls on the bathroom tiles. I've been so impatient with it lately that I was almost all set to grab a pair of scissors and chop it all off myself, but the last time I tried that method I was about 8 years old and I ended up with inch-long bangs framing my forehead. Not so great an idea.

And I've read about 5 books in the past week. Right now I'm in the middle of Life of Pi, by Yann Martel. Many thanks to Yaser for mentioning it on his site so long ago - I've had my eye on it ever since, finally bought my own copy in October, and have been recommending it to everyone even though I didn't have time to make it beyond the first 50 pages until now. Pi practices not only Hinduism, but also Christianity, and Islam. Such a cool kid. He's my new hero, besides MacGuyver.

What you can do, if you're oh so bored:
- Read that book. Seriously.
- Read my archives. (Don't go beyond the summer. Really.)
- Read all the weblogs I've linked. (I think I've practically linked everyone and their mother. Good Lord. And, yes, I read all those sites regularly. No wonder I'm such a slacker.)
Don't worry, I'm not going away for too long. Just a couple days, while I finish this book and be a little productive in other things. And I think I've somehow got roped into mowing the lawn this afternoon. I mean, really, what's up with that?

Labels: