Saturday, July 30, 2005

vindication.

On the phone with my father, two weeks ago:

Me: So, guess what, Daddy khana! It turns out I got an A- on my NPB midterm!
Daddy-o: Really! Wow!
Me: Yup. I can't remember the last time I even passed any sort of bio exam. But now I have to keep studying so I don't get all arrogant and mess up on the next midterm.
Daddy-o: Well, that's impressive.
Me: Yeah, I guess I'm not a lost cause after all.
Daddy-o: Is this class with the same professor you had during spring quarter?
Me: No, different guy; he's with the School of Medicine.
Daddy-o: Oh. Well, you know what you should do? You should take this midterm scantron of yours over to the old professor and wave it in his face.
Me, laughing: Revenge!
Daddy-o: Yeah, like revenge. That would be the true Pukhtun thing to do.

Labels: ,