Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Hilarious, you guys...I was going through my SiteMeter after 439585928 years (dunno why i have one when i never even check it out. lol) and discovered that someone did a Yahoo search for "french fries+headache" and came up with MY BLOG. hahahah. okok, i understand the french fries part. But headaches?? We don't talk about headaches, chiefly because the Yaz is not in the habit of suffering from headaches and thus does not discuss that subject, and we only talk about what the Yaz wants to talk about, right?? LOL. :-D

k, i'm madly typing this in between classes. I promise y'all will get your usual loooong Yaz-length update SOON, but i gots to head out to another lecture in 2 minutes. I'm taking 3 human development courses, and anthro course, and a religious studies course this quarter...which tallies up to 19 units. Soooo insane. Watch me die of exhaustion before the quarter is over. :-p Actually, i might drop the anthro class though. We shall see...

The religious studies class is called Islamic Scriptures. Hecka interesting so far. The prof is Turkish. Can read and write Arabic...he scrawls words and phrases in Arabic across the board for those of us in the class who can read it. Says "insha'Allah" a lot. I like that. :):):) We're required to have a Qur'an for the class, obviously, and can use one from home instead of buying it from the university bookstore. The course's corresponding Qur'an in the bookstore is an Ahmed Ali translation. Arabic on one side, English on the other. Beautiful layout, masha'Allah. I'm thinking i'd like to just buy it from the Bookstore, even though we have lots of Qur'ans at home, just cuz i like the way this one is put together. Quick question...Hopefully someone can help me with this...Has anyone heard of the Ahmed Ali translation before? (I've heard of Yusuf Ali.) And if you have, do you happen to know how reliable it is? He's based in Karachi, according to his introduction. Help me out if you can, insha'Allah.

Will type up a loooong post, insha'Allah when i get home later this evening. Til then, be good children and have a beautiful Cali-kinda day. :-D I'm running late. Catch y'all laters...