Tuesday, March 18, 2003

Shoot, it's almost 2 a.m. and genius me decides to take a study break and update, even though i can't think of anything to write about. Talk about deliberately searching for ways to waste time. lol.

Hmm, nothing much new going on here. Had my physics final exam oh-so-early yesterday morning (8 a.m.), which meant i had to leave home at 6:30. Aaaaaahhhh. But yes, i made it on time and everything, masha'Allah. Actually, i was majorly early. That was nice. I think the exam went ok. Not too sure yet. Don't wanna talk about it too much either...sometimes i think i aced something and it turns out i bombed it. Or it could be like the final for my last physics course, which i went into literally knowing NOTHING...i thought i failed, but instead i did so well (somehow, masha'Allah), that my total course grade went wayyyyyy up. So you never know. Insha'Allah it'll be fine.

Had a funny incident in physics (or maybe i'm just easily amused...whatever; it's all the same. :-D). This guy sitting 2 seats down from me busily warded off boredom and kept himself occupied by twirling his pencil around his fingers while the tests were being handed out. The hilarious part was when the pencil flew out of his hand and hit the shoulder of the girl seated in front on him. Good sport that she was, she laughed while retrieving his pencil from the floor and handed it back to him, while he grinned sheepishly and i just shook my head like, ok child. Ten minutes into the test, genius boy drops his sheet of equations. This being a huge lecture hall, the seats are arranged in descending rows, so his paper ended up somewhere under the seat of the girl in front of him. And because the spacing between rows is so narrow, he had to climb out of his seat, get down on his hands and knees by his chair, engage in some crazy convolutions to somehow twist his hand into the tiny space below the girl's seat, and finally grab his paper. He managed to crumble and tear it like crazy on his way back up. lol. THEN he dropped his glasses while settling back into his own seat. Those ended in the lap of the girl in front...don't ask how. She smiled nicely and handed them back. I laughed at the sheer ludicrosity of his klutzy antics. He grinned sheepishly at us both. I just shook my head again and went back to pretending i knew what i was writing about as i scribbled down conceptual explanations for prisms and indices of refraction and focal points and whatever. Fun stuff, yes. You totally missed out. Aren't you sad??

Sorted through my emails and found the following du'as. I need all the du'as i can get these days, and insha'Allah y'all will find these beneficial as well. I just wish I had them in Arabic, so then i would know for sure that I'm pronouncing everything correctly. Does anyone know of a good site that has these du'as posted in Arabic? Point me in the right direction, please. :)

Du'a Before Studying
“Allahumma infa’nii bimaa ‘allamtanii wa’allimnii maa yanfa’uunii. Allahumma inii as’aluka fahmal-nabiyyen wa hifzal mursaleen al-muqarrabeen. Allahumma ijal leesanee ‘aiman bi dhikrika wa qalbi bi khashyatika. Innaka ‘ala ma-tasha’u qadeer wa anta hasbun-allahu wa na’mal wakeel.”

"Oh Allah! Make useful for me what you have taught me and teach me knowledge that will be useful to me. Oh Allah! I ask you for the understanding of the prophets and the memory of the messengers, and those nearest to you. Oh Allah! Make my tongue full of your remembrance and my heart with consciousness of you. Oh Allah! You do whatever you wish, and you are my availer and protector and best of aid.”

Du'a After Studying
“Allahumma inni astaodeeka ma qara’tu wama hafaz-tu. Farudduhu ‘allaya inda hajati elahi. Innaka ‘ala ma-tasha’-u qadeer wa anta hasbeeya wa na’mal wakeel”

“Oh Allah! I entrust you with what I have read and I have studied. Oh Allah! Bring it back to me when I am in need of it. Oh Allah! You do whatever you wish, you are my availer and protector and the best of aid.”

Du'a While Studying Something Difficult
“Allahumma la sahla illama ja-‘altahu sahla anta taj ‘alu al hazana eza ma shi’ta sahal.”

“Oh Allah! Nothing is easy except what you have made easy. If you wish, you can make the difficult easy.”

Du'a For Concentration
“Salla-l-laahu alaa Muhammad wa aal-e Muhammad. Allahumma inni as’aluka yaa mudhakkira-l khayr wa faa’ilahu wa-l-aamimira bihi dhakir-ni maa ansaani-hi-shaytan.”

“Blessings of Allah be upon Muhammad and his progeny. O Allah, I ask you, the one who mentions goodness and actualizes it and commands it, remind me of that which the shaytan makes me forget.”

You know, now that physics is finally over, studying isn't so bad anymore. :-D May we have the imaan to study for Allah's sake...and may we also use the knowledge we gain from such studying towards educating others in a true Islamic fashion. May we always possess the patience and imaan to share our knowledge with others. May we all benefit from this sharing of wisdom, and may Allah guide us so that we teach only that which is true and based on His instruction. Ameen. Keep me in your du'as, everyone. :) Jazak'Allah.