Wednesday, August 13, 2003

the conversations i have

Somayya and I, wasting our lives away in anthro lab:

Somayya: What's a lower molar cusp pattern? And a dental arcade?
Me: I have no idea, dude.
Somayya: Didn't he just go over this in lecture today?
Me: Yeah, but I wasn't paying attention. Or maybe I fell asleep at that part.
Somayya: Great, that helps.
Me: I think the dental arcade has to do with the shape. ::Picks up a fossilized jaw:: See, this is U-shaped. ::Inspects it further:: Wait, is this a V-shape?
Somayya: We're so lame.
Me: Hmm.
Somayya: Actually, I'm the lamest one.
Me: I agree.
Somayya: You're less lame than I am, but still lame.
Me: Great, thanks.
Somayya: Okay, so let's move on to a different lab station. Do you want to go this way or that way?
Me: How 'bout we go this way? ::pointing at the door::
Somayya: Let's go.

So yeah, we left anthro lab a mere ten minutes after we walked in. We just sauntered right out, looking straight ahead, as nonchalantly as we had entered. And heck, don't tell me you could have sat there poking at Australopithecus anamensis and Sahelanthropus tchadensis fossils for an hour without getting bored out of your mind. But if you could have, more power to you.

As for Somayya and I, we went and slouched on a comfy sofa, sifted through an endless pile of childhood photos we had forgotten about, and laughed uproariously.

Good times.

Labels: ,