Thursday, February 27, 2003

Went to a PTA (Parent-Teacher Association) banquet at the Concord Hilton this evening, where my Shereenay Beanay was recognized as the 32nd District PTA’s Scholarship Recipient. It was funny, cuz they gave her the $500 check straight up (instead of sending it to the financial aid office of the university where she’ll be going), so at the end of the dinner, our dad was like, “Does this mean you can just cash the check and spend the money how ever you like and skip the whole college deal and they wouldn’t even know??” LOL! Leave it to my Daddy to come up with the wack ideas. Haha. Ahhhh, but my Shereen was looking beautiful up there, and her winning essay (which she had to go up to the front of the room and read aloud) was simply amazing. I woulda gone crazy blinking back tears if I hadn’t been so busy snapping away with the camera. And we all know the Yaz doesn’t cry, of course. :-p So that just goes to show you how byoooooootiful her essay was. Daddy loved it, I know, cuz I was watching his face the entire time. :) Shereen had sent off the essay as part of her scholarship application package while Ummy and Daddy were in Pakistan, and even after she found out she won she deliberately kept the essay content a secret so that he would hear it for the first time today. Everyone loved it. Yayyyy for the Bean! :-D

ok, so I had an epiphany today: Today is February 27th. And there are only 28 days in February. And my birthday is on March 1st. And I’m going to be 22 years old. Oh my God…