Friday, July 18, 2003

our world is a sad, sad place...

...and what are we going to do about it?

Umar asked me to publicize the situation in Uzbekistan on my blog. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about the subject to be able to discuss it at length, but you all really should go check out his post to get an idea. We need to better educate ourselves about things like this, myself included. Take a good, hard look at the accompanying photos, and think about how carefree our own lives are in comparison.

Here's an article from the Guardian that gives an overview of the whole situation, and here is one more. Go read.

Reminds me that we need to make progress on our community website/blog endeavor, since the whole point of that was to educate each other about issues similar to this... And you did click on all those links, right? I hope so.