Monday, February 10, 2003

Just got home. It's way past 9 o'clock, daaaang! Talk about a looooooong day. Those of you who did du'as for me, THANK YOU, THANK YOUUUU! Jazak'Allah. :-D Want an update? Of course you do! So i never even got around to studying for the physics test, thanks to my other 2 insane midterms, but somehow i sat in the lecture hall this morning and managed to b.s. to my heart's content. Insha'Allah it'll work out, I dunno. I'm still excited that i even had anything in my head to b.s. about in the first place, cuz i totally went into that one with blank confusion. Physics is majorly eeeevil though. Human Development was awesome. Studied for that one more than anything else, and i think it'll reflect on my grade, insha'Allah! i hope so...gotta do well in at least one of these midterms, or i'll be kicking myself, cuz we crackhead children are supposed to be geniuses. Or SOMEthing. hahah. Hmm, what else...African American Studies 100 (Ethnicity in the United States)...awesome class, btw. The professor is straight-up hilarious. But that was another b.s. typa midterm, cuz i had barely even got to look over the notes that midterm either (i know, i know...concentrating on one class and neglecting the others wasn't quite the way to go. Ya think i woulda figured this out by now, right?), but alhamdulillah it went well, i think. Then i tutored for an hour. The nice freshman kid still won't stop thanking me every 2 seconds. hahaha. Gotta work on that one.

What else...Walked across campus to my car, took a shortcut through Briggs Hall and scrawled, "Yaz rockt das Haus! :) " on the blackboard in the hallway...it's tradition. lol. I've been doing that for like 2 years now on a totally random basis, since i hardly ever go through that building. But i think it started annoying someone, cuz i notice these days there's rarely any chalk at the blackboard anymore. Like it matters; the board is so dusty that i can use my fingers and it looks just as cool. :-D Then i met up with crazy Deval and helped her with her essay, which took like 3 freakin hours or something. Deval is such a demanding child. lol. I'm sitting there trying to make sense of her crazy paper, and then she'd interrupt me with some random thought or other and get me all sidetracked, and then 5 seconds later she'd glare at me and pound her fist on the table and go, "Stop talking! Get back to the paper!" Pissed me off too. I was like, "wtf is your problem, man! You keep doing that, and you're gonna be editing your sorry paper all on your own!" Somayya was like, "Yeah! If i were you, Deval, i'd be kissin her ass right about now! I'd be like, 'Yaz, you want something to eat? More chips?'" hahahah. Thank God for Somayya. What would i do without my partner in crime to keep me (IN)sane?? Such a sad life that would be. =) And then Somayya left and Deval kept looking at me all worriedly and going, "Are you mad?" Which is, of course, the surest way possible to make me mad. :-p But i was like, "No, Deval, but it's been a hella long day and i'm exhausted and i wish you would stop lurking over my shoulder so i can finish this damn paper of yours and go HOME!" lol. Don't mess with the Yaz when she's tired and hungry. :-p

Then i drove all the way home too, which was actually kinda funky... Popped my Zain Bhikha CD into the discman (i'm hooked on Zain Bhikha and Dawud Wharnsby Ali these days), bumped the volume wayyy up, and just chilled out. Commuting is good for chillin purposes. For reals, yo. The crazy thing was, though, that i was so lost in my weird tangled-up thoughts and basically just spazzed-out, so the next thing i knew, 60 miles had gone by and i'm exiting the freeway and blinking at the brightness of my hometown lights. Barely remember anything of the drive at all. Weird, huh? Don't worry, i doubt it's the early onset of Alzheimers. lol. It's just that long drives are majorly relaxing if you know where you're going, and after two-and-a-half- (or whatever) years, I've got my stretch of 80/680 down like the back of my hand. I could be driving those 60 miles blindfolded and know where i'm going. So it's alllll good. Yeah...

Somayya got me a byooootiful skirt! i'm all excited. Somayya is my hero, yo. She's got Imam al-Ghazali down to an art without even knowing it...cuz she's Duties of the Brotherhood in Islam in action. It's like the whole "personal aid" chapter where you anticipate your brother's/sister's needs before they even have to ask you. ;) Way to go, dude. Can i be like you when i grow up? Oh wait, we're not planning on growing up anywayz...